Smoke alarm causes evacuation at LHHS

707
0
Share:

By Kristen Meriwether
Students and faculty were evacuated from Liberty Hill High School on Friday afternoon after smoke activated a fire alarm in an upstairs hallway, according to an email LHHS Principal Jon Bever sent parents, a copy of which was obtained by The Independent.

Bever said all students were evacuated safely from the building.

The Williamson County ESD#4 responded to the call and determined that a geothermal pump had shorted out. This incident did not result in a fire, according to a Facebook post by the district.

Once the all clear was given by the fire department, students and staff were instructed to reenter the building and return to class for a normal dismissal.

As of this time no injuries have been reported. This story will be updated if more information becomes available.

Share: