July – August 2012
Division III (U12, U14, U16 and U19)
July 1 – August 9: Early registration for Div III (for players born before 8/1/2002)
- · August 10 – September 8: Late registration for Div III
- · August 13 (Monday): Div III Practices begin
- · September 8 (Saturday after Labor Day weekend): Opening day for Div III games
- · November 4 (Sunday): Div III regular season ends and Daylight Savings Time ends
- · November 10-11 (Sat-Sun): CAYSA Fall Championships for Div III
“Getting in the Test Zone: What you and your student need to know to prepare for college entrance exams” is a FREE WORKSHOP offered by Southwestern University for high school sophomores, juniors and parents.
The workshop will be at 3:15 p.m. July 12. For more information or to enroll, please contact Nancy Schutz at (512) 863-1456 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Liberty Hill High School Class of 2002 is holding its 10-year reunion at 11:30 a.m. July 14 at the home of Levi Jones, 700 Oak Lane in Liberty Hill. All classmates are invited to attend, and children are welcome. There will be BBQ, side dishes are welcome, games, water activities and more. Classmates are encouraged to bring old school photos, and there will be high school videos playing inside. For more information, send email to email@example.com.
The Liberty Hill VFW will host its monthly Pancake Supper from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, July 17.
The all-you-can-eat supper features pancakes, sausage, coffee and juice for $5 per person or $15 maximum for families.
The Pancake Supper, a monthly fundraiser for the VFW, is held on the third Tuesday evening of each month.
July 30 — August 2
> Lady Panther Volleyball Camp for incoming 4th — 9th graders
Grades 5-7 –7:30-10 a.m.
Grades 8-9 – 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For incoming 7th-12th graders
Division IV (U6, U8, U10)
- · August 10 – September 8: Registration for Div IV
- · September 8: Start of Season Celebration and Div IV skills assessment
- · September 9: All Div IV players notified of team placement
- · September 10: Div IV practices begin
- · September 29: Div IV games begin
- · November 17 (Saturday before Thanksgiving): End of Div IV season and End of Season Celebration
A vaccination clinic will be held at Bill Burden Elementary School, Wednesday, August 22, from 1-4 p.m. Vaccinations will be provided for students in grades PK through 12 who qualify for free vaccines under the following guidelines:
• Medicaid eligible
• American Indian or Alaskan Native
• Enrolled in CHIP
• Underinsured (new definition): A child who has private health insurance, but coverage does not include vaccines; covers only selected vaccines (eligible for non-covered vaccines only); or vaccine coverage is capped and that coverage amount has been reached.
Please bring shot records to the clinic.
To read more information about the Texas Vaccines for Children Program and the revised policy, please visit: http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/immunize/tvfc/default.shtm.
For a list of required vaccines at each grade level, visit the District website at www.libertyhill.txed.net.